Cycling Expo at UnitedHealthcare Minneapolis – In the Community
On June 14th, we put on a cycling expo at UnitedHealhcare Corporate Office in Minneapolis. We had several different stations, demonstrating the different aspects of cycling and being a team. The stations included:
-The Director’s station where Mike Tamayo gave a guided tour of the Team Car and walked employees through an average stage race.
– Souigneur Station- Niki Detrick, head souigneur, gave a through rundown of what the average rider eats and drinks the day of a stage race
– Mechanic Station- Chris Kreidl, demonstrated basic bike maintenance and components of our Wilier team bike.
– Autograph station- Diania Penuela and Cari Higgins were able to talk to employees and sign autographs
– Podium station- Employees were able to take pictures with Coryn Rivera on a podium
– Peak Power Contest- Employees were able to participate in the Peak Power Contest, and test their peak power!
It is great to be able to give the UnitedHealthcare employees a sense of what it takes on and off the bike to be a successful team. We were excited to join them for the day!